NOTE: CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS. WE WILL ONLY CONSIDER RUNNING THIS EVENT ONCE WE ARE ABLE TO HOST 500 PEOPLE ONSITE WITHOUT ONEROUS DISTANCING RESTRICTIONS.
At this time we are running tours 6 days a week so please consider booking a tour as an alternative way to experience the animals on the farm.
The weekend is coming and the kids need something to do so why not come out and visit us?
The Monthly Open Farm Event occurs on the second Saturday of each month from 9am till 12pm. Bring along your family, friends, a picnic rug/chair for a great morning out on the farm!
What you’ll experience:
- Do the animal walk to meet our pigs, sheep, alpaca, goats, cow, donkeys, turkeys
- Have guinea pig cuddles
- Hold a silky chicken
- Bounce on the Jumping Castle
- Ride in the wagon towed by our tractor
Other activities on the day at additional cost are:
- Pony Rides ($5)
- Rabbits Encounters ($5)
- Coffee Van (hot and cold)
- BBQ & Drinks ($2)
- Chips, popcorn, zooper-doopers ($1)
ONSITE PARKING IS AVAILABLE for up to 200 cars – you can then make the short safe walk up to the event location.
- Parking entry is via the main property entrance which is well sign-posted.
- There is disabled parking available closer to the event onsite, please chat to our front gate helper for assistance.
Farm Tours Brisbane
Get Ready for Our Exciting Family Friendly Farm Tours in Brisbane
If you want to take the family on exciting farm tours in Brisbane, come to our farm. We offer a range of activities and beautiful scenery in which to indulge. We welcome the entire family to come and enjoy a day with our loving animals. Choose Trevena Glen and have a day to remember.
Horse Riding Lessons
Horse Riding Lessons
Additional Experiences We Can Provide if You Want to Visit Our Animal Farm
When you come to us for a farm experience, all the options might overwhelm you little. We put together a quick list of farm experiences we provide to help make your decision easier and to help you prepare accordingly:
- We offer personal tours where you get to meet all our animals. Our three-hour personal animal tour lets you groom and lead our donkeys, help move sheep and goats and wander among them in our dam area, learn to lead our alpacas on a walk around the farm, and brush or wash our mini horses, take them on walks, or plait their manes. You can also collect veggies from our garden, feed and interact with our rabbits, wash, pet, and feed our guinea pigs, feed our hens and turkeys, and enjoy our special morning tea under the fig tree. You can also request upfront to have a free led horse ride around the farm.
- We have the birthday party experience for a minimum of four children that we tailor to your requirements with a range of options. The party includes an allocated area for a minimum of two hours, handling and feeding our animals (includes guinea pigs, rabbits, sheep, pigs, donkeys, chickens, and miniature goats), and birthday party invitations. We can also include a range of extra activities such as a tractor hayride, mini pony decorating, pony or horse rides, a jumping castle, an alpaca visit, or catering (excludes cake).
- If you want to learn to ride a horse, we offer weekly lessons with a range of ponies or horses. Our Regular lessons can help with beginner levels through to intermediate, while our Advanced lessons help our students develop their horsemanship skills even further. We use a 40m x 20m floodlit area, a 16m floodlit round yard, eight stables with a tack shed and wash down facilities, access to all required riding equipment including helmets, and specific learning plans tailored to each student individually.
- If you want a lovely getaway, we offer a beautifully renovated shed for the whole family. It contains two bedrooms – each with its own double bed – a kitchenette (please note that it has no oven), a large living and dining area, and a beautiful old fireplace. There is a shared shower and toilet facility around 35M away. Please note that for your safety and the safety of our animals, we do not allow dogs on-site and you may not have direct contact with our animals unsupervised.
Whether you want personal tours that come in three, two, or one-hour packages, the birthday party experience, horse-riding lessons, or a lovely getaway for the family, we provide it all. You can also ask our professional staff about the other services we have available.
How to Properly Prepare for Your Visit to One of Our Open Farm Days
It is easy to forget to double-check everything when we are on our way to an exciting experience such as our farm tours, but we should always remember a few things. Here is how you can prepare the right way for your trip:
- Remember always to be sun smart! Make sure you bring a hat, sunscreen, and sunglasses. While out and about on our farm, you will spend some time in the sun, so we like to remind our customers to prepare the right way to minimise the risk of sunburn.
- We advise you to make sure you bring enough water with you. Our farm runs solely on rainwater, and as such, we do not freely provide drinking water for visitors. We do, however, sell bottles of water on-site if you forget to bring your own.
- Make sure you dress for the adventure! During our farm experience in Brisbane, you will likely do quite a bit of walking. Make sure you bring comfortable, closed shoes to help support your feet during long walks. You should also know that the weather in Queensland varies, so it is never a bad idea to bring some warm clothes or a raincoat just in case.
- We encourage all our visitors to bring their own choice of foods. You can even bring a picnic blanket and enjoy your meals while at the same time taking in the beautiful surroundings. Should you forget, we do sell coffee, snacks, and BBQ sausage on bread during our open farm events.
- Having cash on hand makes any transaction go a lot quicker for your convenience so you can immediately get back to the various points of interest on the farm. We do, however, also have EFTPOS facilities on-site.
- Should something unexpected happen, we do have a First Aid kit onsite at the site office to assist where necessary. Make sure to bring any necessary allergy medication or other forms of chronic medication with since we cannot assist with that.
About Us and Our Services as an Animal Farm in Brisbane
Trevena Farm has been around since 1985, and about six years ago, we took over ownership of this lovely location. We want to help kids and adults learn and interact with animals in a safe environment that cultivates lasting relationships. We are consistently training staff and ensuring that our standards remain at its peak so you can have the best experience possible every time you want a farm to visit in Brisbane.
Whether you want to host a birthday party, learn to ride horses, or join us for our amazing open farm day, we welcome you with open arms. Our professional staff will always make sure everyone has what they need and gets the experience they wanted. Call today and book your memorable day with us if you are looking for farms to visit in Brisbane.