Who we look for?
We pride ourselves on being “Brisbane Best Family Farm Experience” and we love to help friends and family connect in a fun & safe place.
To join the TG team, we expect all our staff & volunteers to comply with our policies and procedures, including dress code, personal hygiene, reliability and punctuality. Our TG Team are one of the reasons we continue to be the best farm in Brisbane!
Volunteers play a important role at Trevena Glen Farm and provide valuable support to our staff and guests. Their dedication ensures Trevena Glen Farm provides an amazing experience for all of our guests and the best level of care to our animals. Volunteering is a great way to spend your time and you’ll learn various new skills along with having lots of fun along the way! Here are some of the typically responsibilities:
- Welcoming our guests and assisting them during the monthly open farm event.
- Helping guests interact with our animals and answering any questions they may have.
- Assisting with the daily tours by helping guests through the various areas and enclosures on the farm.
- Providing assistance with other activities & experiences.
Are you currently a school student and passionate about working with animals? If so then we’d love to hear from you.
We develop tailored work experience programs for applicants that demonstrate an independent work capacity and placement on this program will be at the discretion of Trevena Glen Farm. If you or your VET co-ordinator would like more information on work experience programs (examples provided below), including available dates then email us at email@example.com
- Enclosure cleaning and maintenance e.g. raking, sweeping, mulching, weeding, cob webbing, cleaning ponds, gardening, etc.
- Assisting with food preparation for various animals and gaining an understanding of farming practices.
- Animal observations, monitoring and interactions including grooming, brushing, washing etc.
- Interacting with guests, including assisting them during our daily tours
Do you love working with animals & people, if so then it might be time to join the TG team.
We have a range of different roles available out at the farm (examples provided below) so feel free to contact us to check for availabilities.
- Excursion leaders
- Horse coaches
- Animal carers
- Stable hands
- General labourers
Note – All employment decisions at Trevena Glen Farm are made on the basis of merit, alignment to job requirements and your ability to embody our values. We typically use the framework of Character, Competence and Chemistry during the assessment and interview process.